Re: Feature request: ipmi

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Vratislav Podzimek <vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please note that many major changes were not reflected to these wiki
> pages. I would recommend you to look directly at the code, in particular
> the 'newui' branch in the git repository.

I've requested an IPMI stack in Anaconda before (via support
contacts), and the request was declined. However, I think I was
successful at getting tcpdump added in. We use the IPMI tools in order
to setup the BMC in %pre for non-enterprise class machines - that's
the only way we've got to remotely powercycle, etc.

Quite a bummer, actually - means that I have to go put the right bits
in squashfs.img and redo it for every release. Haven't checked in
recent Fedora releases to see if it somehow made it back (it was there
in RHEL5).