successful install using 383MB RAM

I successfully installed default Graphical Desktop of Fedora-17-Final.TC5-i386
to an old laptop which has only 383MB RAM.  It took 80 minutes using USB2.0
flash media that was converted by livecd-iso-to-disk from the DVD full installer
image, with Packages and repodata also copied onto the flash drive;
and using the kernel boot commandline parameter "nomemcheck".
The activity LED for the harddrive showed symptoms of page thrashing during
the install of only a few packages.  I expect that installing from physical DVD
would have taken much longer due to spin up/down on most non-trivial packages,
and paging seeks from the squashfs image on DVD.

The laptop has 700MHz Pentium III, and memtest86+-4.20 reports memory bandwidth
of 287 MB/s (plain SDRAM) with caches of 16K+256K at 6556 MB/s and 2985 MB/s.
By contrast, an install from DVD onto a machine with 3.3GHz Core-i5
takes about 17 minutes.  Memory bandwidth (DDR3) is 17993 MB/s with caches of
32K+256K+6144K at 110363 MB/s, 50165 MB/s, and 37623 MB/s.

On the laptop: VT2 had bad display (Rage128) and no shell, the "stealth"
recovery partition (un-accounted free space at the beginning of the drive)
confused the storage analyzer into thinking that there was an EFI System
Partition yet the actual layout was msdos-label with MBR, and I arranged
booting by hand because I did not trust the installer to achieve peaceful
co-existence with other previously-installed systems.  But after reboot
then the end result runs properly.