Re: System requirements

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 18:30:35 +0530,
 Danishka Navin <danishka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Bruno,

I want to run latest Fedora release on a machine with less RAM and a
Pentium IV PC

I can do the testing if you could pass the ISO link.

Normally, for live images you'd want to look at:
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/

But there doesn't seem to be links to the ISOs there right now.

You can start at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
if you want to look at test images. Beta RC3 is the latest, but RC4 should
be available soon.

The beta release should be a week from Tuesday if nothing else bad happens.

Btw, how to turn off the memory check? what is the fix for kickstart file?

If you use a live image, you can run liveinst --no-memcheck from a shell.
I am not sure how to do the equivalent from and install disk. If you
do a yum upgrade, you don't need to worry about the memory check.

actually I want to make the LiveCDLiveDVD installation run with out memcheck by default.

i was asking whether there is any specific way like 'part / --size 4096 --fstype ext4' entry will
set the / partition size by default.

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com