Re: System requirements

On Sat, Apr 07, 2012 at 13:49:13 +0530,
  Danishka Navin <danishka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is the required RAM for Fedora 17?

Fedora 16 required following but the recommended RAM is her than the 1GB
level.

Most local users saying that they can't change the hardware according to
the OS.
Can't we remain recommended memory requirement level of 1GB for future
releases?

  - Minimum RAM for text-mode: 768 MiB
  - Minimum RAM for graphical: 768 MiB
  - Recommended RAM for graphical: 1152 MiB

Installs seem to work with less ram now if you turn off the memory check,
but it hasn't been throughly tested. I did some brief testing with a
machine that had 512 MiB of memory and the system still seemed pretty
usable.