Re: Upgrade Option with kickstart

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Chris Lumens <clumens@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am bit confusion in work flow of system upgrade with kickstart and
> it failed to upgrade the system with kickstart config file.
>
> It throw error message "No valid upgrade partition" at the time of upgrade,
> this error means that Installer not able to find "rootParts" I am not sure
> why it is failed get root parts,
>
> Can someone please help me to understand how upgrade works with kickstart
> config file.

What operating system(s) do you have installed that you want to upgrade,
and what are you trying to upgrade to?

Hi Chris,

Sorry that I missed to mention in previous mail, I am using customized Cent OS 5.5,

Yes I have installed OS before upgrading :) and i am trying to upgrade with new centos that I built in house.

I have built new cent OS with updated packages from centos tree and I am using anaconda version is anaconda-11.1.2.209

Thanks for the help
V!jay