Re: [lorax] Add firmware for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 6030 Adapters (#703291)

> That way we have no idea/control about what gets installed. Is it what
> we want? Do we absolutely always want to install all packages containing
> firmware no matter what? Remember that we are using blacklist, no
> whitelist, so it stays there.

Well, the problem as I see it is that we are only installing a static
list of firmware packages.  This list of course may not contain the
firmware blobs that the kernel modules we install require.  That's
because the two pieces of information are under the control of two
different groups - we control the list of what firmware packages to
install, the kernel controls what blobs are actually required.

At the minimum, it seems like we should query the installed modules for
what firmware they require, look up what package provides that firmware,
and add it to the list of packages to install into our images.  The
easier, stupider fix is to just install all firmware packages.  You'll
note that we don't really control which kernel modules get installed
anyway.  Stuff like "=net" ensures that.

Otherwise, we're just going to get hit by this problem again and again.

- Chris