Re: progress toward split-image support [lorax]

> Basically, since we're using mako templates for making the runtime, why
> not use them for making the boot images and the tree as well?
>
> It's an incomplete, untested work-in-progress.. but it should have
> approximately the same featureset as current master.
> I think the templates are a lot easier to follow than the code in
> images.py. For example, sparc.tmpl:
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=lorax.git;a=blob;hb=treebuilder;f=src/pylorax/sparc.tmpl
>
> It's definitely a lot less code:

I've said this in IRC, but I'll say it in email just for whoever wasn't
paying attention.  I think this is the right direction.  We've already
bought into the mako template syntax, so we might as well use it.  It
also looks like a reasonable thing to do, though I do have some minor
quibbles with certain pieces of syntax.  But that's nothing that should
prevent you from continuing to work on it.

- Chris