progress toward split-image support [lorax]

...So, in the course of working on the split-image support I ended up
refactoring the way that lorax is handling the arch-specific parts of
image creation (basically, the stuff in images.py).

The work is going on in the "treebuilder" branch (Warning: I'll probably
rebase it repeatedly, so expect to have to git pull -f if you clone it),
and the interesting bit is this:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=lorax.git;a=commit;h=1cbe33d2d1ea5d0b1f6edf2376b73b6cfa4e4c06

Basically, since we're using mako templates for making the runtime, why
not use them for making the boot images and the tree as well?

It's an incomplete, untested work-in-progress.. but it should have
approximately the same featureset as current master.
I think the templates are a lot easier to follow than the code in
images.py. For example, sparc.tmpl:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=lorax.git;a=blob;hb=treebuilder;f=src/pylorax/sparc.tmpl

It's definitely a lot less code:

I should have it producing images early next week, so please withhold
judgement on the particulars of the code 'til I have it more complete.

But I wanted to give you all some idea what I was working on, and give
us a chance to talk about the overall design and such.

Let me know what you think!

-w