RE: Add gpgkeys section to .treeinfo?

Not sure I am following the comment "see what got dropped into /etc/pki
during tree composition". Perhaps you mean "after package installation is
complete"?

An advantage of looking up keys from a source outside of the packages
themselves is that keys can be installed/updated prior to package install,
allowing packages to be checked during install.

I guess what I'm looking for is a general solution for identifying "trusted
keys" for "trusted repositories" that can be installed automatically by
anaconda/yum without prompting users. This should be extensible so that
system administrators can specify their own keys and change them over time,
and installed systems can respond to the changes.

Originally I was imagining .treeinfo could be the mechanism for identifying
trusted keys for a trusted repository (the install repository).  Perhaps
this is better handled on a per repository basis, however, in which case
perhaps the discussion should be around listing trusted gpgkeys in the
repomd file?

>From a security perspective, this approach has an advantage in that moves
trust up a level, removing dialog boxes (do you want to add this key?) that
users get into the habit of affirming by rote because they lack context to
evaluate. If I trust a repository (let's say because it's provided over ssl
using a trusted certificate), I also trust it's keys.

Thoughts?