Re: some brainstorming on location in anaconda

On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 11:17 -0500, MÃirÃn Duffy wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>
> On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 16:36 +0000, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > This raises an important question about how we go about adding these new
> > interfaces.  The proposal is pretty drastically different in style from
> > everything else in anaconda.  Do we merge in a single completely
> > different UI for one screen and have it look very out of place, or do we
> > wait to merge until the rest of the UI looks similar?
>
> I think it's your call which approach is best. If it'd be helpful I
> could remix each set of mockups to fit the current layout / widget look
> & feel / patterns in today's Anaconda. If I understand then the choices
> would be:
>
> - build all new ui on a different branch and wait until it's complete to
> merge... using an all-new look & feel, etc.

If we will go this way, I was thinking that we could create some custom
class/widget (based on gtk.Notebook for example) to hold all the
"pages", that will suit all our needs, and put this in some "anaconda
library", so it can be used in other apps too, like for example
Firstboot, and the look will be consistent.

We were already talking about removing the logic from the gui stuff, so
this could be the time to start.

Martin Gracik <mgracik@xxxxxxxxxx>