Re: [Fwd: [Fedora QA] #135: Proposed Test Day - TOPIC How about a consideration of the dual boot issues from Fedora 13?]

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:25:06AM -0400, James Laska wrote:

> Sorry Brian, your response got lost in my reader.
>
> Am I correct in summarizing that having such an event would be good,
> only if we had a strategy for correctly identifying all other installed
> operating systems?
>
> Would a test day be helpful to outline and test dual-boot scenarios and
> report on how the Fedora installer handles such situations?  Or would
> this be better saved for when dual-boot handling is prioritized?

Right now dual boot support is limited to windows variations. We only
look for windows partitions when adding to the new grub menu. Any dual
booting with Linux has to be manual and have some pre-planning (backup
your /boot partition). So a test day to test against other Linux
distributions probably isn't useful. And I think the windows dual boot
variations are already pretty well covered, aren't they?