Re: Anaconda upgrades and bootloader options

> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#sn-upgrading-bootloader-x86).
>  Choices:
>      1. Create new boot loader configuration

>      2. Update boot loader configuration

>      3. Skip boot loader updating

> The open question from Fedora QA [1] is, is there value in presenting
> options#2 and options#3?  From what we can tell, they result in the same
> upgraded system.

>From the viewpoint of the end user, there are three different choices:

   1. Install new GRUB via grub-install.  This overwrites MBR.  This
      puts the other GRUB files onto /boot.  This updates any existing
      /boot/grub/grub.conf (else creates initial grub.conf.)

   2. Leave MBR the same.  Leave GRUB software the same.  Update grub.conf
      (or create grub.conf if none exists.)

   3. Leave MBR the same.  Leave GRUB software the same.  Leave grub.conf the same.

I am in category 3.  Do not create or modify *ANYTHING* related to booting:
not the MBR, not the GRUB software, not grub.conf.  GRUB refuses to understand
my boot setup, so I handle it by myself.

Both 1. and 2. update existing grub.conf if any, else create the first grub.conf.