Re: Packages needed in install.img

On 07/29/2010 09:32 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
I would be very happy if someone could help me with this, someone with
deeper knowledge of what files we use and which we don't.
It would be nice if we could limit the number of packages that we
have, instead of removing one file at a time, to make the install.img
smaller.

For starters, we can run ldd on all the binaries we include and get a
list of all those libraries.  Then, we can trim those libraries out of
the list of potential files to get rid of.  That's where a lot of these
strange libraries are coming from, I bet.

- Chris

This is also where libogg is coming from. I added it because 'ldd /usr/bin/metacity' wants it.

Ales