Re: How to shrink the lorax install image ?

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Martin Gracik wrote:

Yeah, sorting by size is a good idea, here's the list sorted by size, biggest first

http://mgracik.fedorapeople.org/install_image_diff_by_size.txt

About the qt, you're right, yum installs a lot of dependency stuff, which is not needed,
removing these dependencies can make the install tree smaller too.

I just want to make sure we're talking about a packaging issue and not a depsolving issue, right?

If yum installs it and it is a dependency then, by definition, it is needed.

If it the dependency is wrong then you'll need to take that up with the pkg maintainers?

thanks,
-sv