Re: Make anaconda a regular python module

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 17:22 -0700, Brian C. Lane wrote:

> On 03/31/2010 12:04 PM, David Cantrell wrote:
>

> > 1) The scripts that are executed by tools like pungi or revisor should
> > go in
> > /usr/libexec/anaconda rather than /usr/share/anaconda.  These would be
> > buildinstall and related scripts.  Really, any of the scripts that can be
> > executed as-is and are typically used by other programs rather than the
> > user
> > directly.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to further split things up and make stand-alone
> scripts live in their own package, say anaconda-tools or anaconda-devel?
> I may have read something about doing that on irc or the list, I don't
> remember.

They used to be their own package, anaconda-runtime.  They were pulled
back in at some point, git log will show when, but I think Jeremy was
the one leading that charge.  That said, it does make sense for things
like the Live CD where they want the installer executable, but not
necessarily all the gunk to make images and all the deps therein.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!