Re: [master] abnormal_exit() method that doesn't forget about switching to tty1.

Hi,

On 03/30/2010 02:00 AM, Brian C. Lane wrote:
On 03/29/2010 07:36 AM, Chris Lumens wrote:
I think you're working on the wrong level here.  Couldn't we instead be
doing the vt switch in loader (why loader's involved in the shutdown
process is another story) or perhaps init after anaconda's terminated?
Then we wouldn't have to worry with changing every single exit in
anaconda.

What makes the VT switch in the first place? Is it loader? In my opinion
it is cleaner (and easier to understand) if the switch back it done at
the same level (ie. init, loader, anaconda, whatever) that initiated the
change.

I think it is the X server itself when we start it from anaconda. Where to kill it from? Anaconda perhaps, but then we would need the abnormal_exit method again.

I think I will just switch back to tty1 from the init/loader as Chris suggests. That can't do any harm (except not being too consistent of course).

Oh, there's one more option---at the moment of X start register a function with python's atexit module that would do the switch/X killing. What do you think?

Ales