Re: [master] Various fixes to handling of preexisting devices

Hi,

On 03/10/2010 02:26 AM, David Lehman wrote:
On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 18:18 -0600, David Lehman wrote:
All of these should end up on f13-branch as well, although only patches
1-3 fix a blocker as of now. Patch 4 addresses a bug that came up while
testing patches 1-3. Patch 5 is just in the same area, so I threw it in
for good measure.

Actually, as much as I'd like to cram in the whole set as a blocker fix,
it's really only the first two that are needed to fix #565848. Bah.

Ugh, although I'm fine with the new branching policy I think we are
freezing way to hard and way too early here. I think we should not go
in beta blockers only mode until F-13 actually hits the beta freeze.

We've just released the alpha, its not like the beta is even (very)
close, let alone the RC's.

Patch 3 fixes a long standing bug (probably more), I'm pretty sure
it at least fixes bug 527444.

Patch 4 seems perfectly safe, so why not include it, as were not in
beta freeze yet

Patch 5 idem.

Hans, 1-3 is the alternative I came up with for the deepcopy of the
original device stack in ActionDestroyFormat.

Ack, I like, thanks!

Regards,

Hans