Re: metacity (a winning window manager, take two)

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 17:55 +0100, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> So,
>
> Even though matchbox does the job beautifully, it is maybe not going to
> be present in future RHELs. So to avoid a risk of having to change the
> WM again later, I finally went for metacity. There's no new libs
> compared to the version I had on Friday, just one new 28K dbus-launch
> binary, so we are somewhere below extra 1.5MB if I am reading the
> numbers Chris made on Friday correctly.
>
> This is what it looks like with a minimalist theme I made:
> http://akozumpl.fedorapeople.org/metacity2.png
> (the gray area around the dialog 'was like this when we found it')
>
> I am going to make a test compose and wait until after beta1 of course.
> Also planning to have this on rawhide.

Is this planned for Fedora 13 or 14?  We're about to branch Fedora 13
away from rawhide, and we're already a week beyond the feature freeze.
A change of this magnitude really does feel like it runs afoul of the
feature freeze policy:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_Freeze_Policy

so if you want it on Fedora 13, you'll have to follow the exception
process there.

I understand the problem this is trying to solve, and I agree with this
solution, but it is a significant change that will need some extra
attention on it.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!