Re: Appropriate test priority for telnet and cmdline installs

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_User_Interface_serial_console
>
> My sense is that QA:Testcase_Anaconda_User_Interface_serial_console is
> fairly important and should be a Alpha test priority.  Mostly that our
> test automation relies on this behavior, but I suspect so does the virt
> team where a graphical console isn't a guarantee.

Right, serial console installs are mainly used by you guys for testing,
virt installs, and big lab machines.  We almost never do one ourselves,
so an alpha test priority probably makes sense here.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_User_Interface_Cmdline
>
> As I understand it, the cmdline case is important for platforms that
> don't support newt console output (e.g. s390x).  However, it's been
> leveraged heavily by test automation as it makes for easier to follow
> test logs.  This is a lightweight test for us to continue with, so I'd
> be comfortable assigning this a priority of Beta.  Thoughts/concerns?

Agreed as to the users.  I'm curious why you give this a different
priority from serial console, though.  It feels like serial and cmdline
have the same set of use cases and should be tested at the same level.

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_User_Interface_Telnet
>
> If you can setup networking to support a telnet install, I assume you
> could also use VNC.  Do we still want to target environments that do not
> have a VGA on either the installing system, or the remote system?  My
> preference would be to stop honoring the 'telnet' boot argument,
> otherwise I feel obligated to ensure it works.  How do others feel?

We still have telnet support for installs, but we've been trying to push
people towards using ssh for that instead.  I don't think we can get
away with throwing away the option yet.

- Chris