Re: Anaconda 13.x Docs

> Is there a how-to for the new anaconda install screens that pertain
> to devices, patitions, etc?  I am having trouble understanding the
> new screens and what to actually select or not select in each one.
> My experiences to date are from using the live install desktop cds
> and trying to install to a test system.  One thing I am noticing is
> that pre-existing LVs are not shown, but then I am not sure that I
> am selecting drives properly in the various screens.  I have LVs on
> raid 10.  Most recent attempt was with 13.13-1.

There's the design documents, but those probably aren't what you are
looking for.  We should come up with some documentation eventually.

In the meantime:

The first new screen you see asks if you have basic devices or advanced
devices.  Advanced devices are iscsi, mainframe, multipath, things like
that.  If you select basic, no advanced devices you may have will be
presented later in install.  For most people, basic is desired.

The second new screen is the filtering screen.  Here, you're going to
see disks attached to the system the way udev sees them.  This means no
filesystem knowledge, no LVM, none of that stuff.  Select the devices on
this screen that you'd like to be included in one way or another for the
rest of the install.  If you don't select a device here, anaconda will
act like it doesn't exist.  If you do select a device here, you're not
saying you necessarily want it formatted.

The third new screen is the mount vs. format screen.  Devices on the
left side of the screen will only be mounted.  Ones on the right will be
formatted, and the checked one will be used for bootloader purposes.
This screen appears to still have some problems.

I'm debating further UI changes in the future that will streamline this
process for people with only one disk.

- Chris