Review process and tools

Hi,

as you know, we need to improve our patch review process. With increasing volume are emails in mailinglists too cumbersome and hard to follow.

So we took a look on available solutions, excluding stuff which didn't seem finished, usable or (as mentioned before) using bugzilla as backend. And we found one project which looks promising:

- MIT license (free for commercial use)
- git (plain or over ssh) support
- script based patch posting (web based too of course)
- support for multiple patch versions
- per line comments
- multiple repos support
- usuall two panel patch view (before and after)
- list of users include Alcatel, Motorola, EA, Cisco, VMware, Yahoo
- list of projects include Asterisk, KOffice, ...

- programmed in Python/Django for which we have people who understand it

So If you find this interesting, just take a look at http://www.reviewboard.org. They even have an online demo accessible from their website. We lokked through the demo together with Ales and we thing it is pretty neat and doesn't introduce any new processes which would make it complicated to use.

--
Martin Sivak
Anaconda team / Brno, CZ