Re: Step by step guide needed

> > So, I'd like to be able to test mdadm changes before checking them into
> > CVS and building them in rawhide.  To do that, I'd like to be able to
> > spin a rescue CD from my local rawhide mirror and boot into it on my
> > test box.  Can someone tell me, in very simple terms a kernel engineer
> > can understand ;-), how I go about creating my own rescue CD images?
> >
> > (Please keep me on the Cc: since I'm not subbed to the list, thanks)
>
> So, to not answer your question ;), a better thing to do here is probably
> for us to make sure that wherever we're calling mdadm checks
> /tmp/updates correctly (there appear to be a couple of places that
> don't do this right now) and then for you to make an updates image[1]
> with the new mdadm in it, and specify a url to the image on the command
> line.

mdadm (and a bunch of other programs) is run by
iutil.execWithPulseProgress, which appears to be using os.execvp, which
in turn uses $PATH to find the command.  /tmp/updates should be in the
$PATH due to loader putting it there.  Sounds like as long as the new
mdadm is in /tmp/updates, everything is already in place.

- Chris