Re: Step by step guide needed

On 12/02/2009 02:38 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
> So, I'd like to be able to test mdadm changes before checking them into
> CVS and building them in rawhide.  To do that, I'd like to be able to
> spin a rescue CD from my local rawhide mirror and boot into it on my
> test box.  Can someone tell me, in very simple terms a kernel engineer
> can understand ;-), how I go about creating my own rescue CD images?
>
> (Please keep me on the Cc: since I'm not subbed to the list, thanks)

So, to not answer your question ;), a better thing to do here is probably
for us to make sure that wherever we're calling mdadm checks
/tmp/updates correctly (there appear to be a couple of places that
don't do this right now) and then for you to make an updates image[1]
with the new mdadm in it, and specify a url to the image on the command
line.

[1]: (cd /sbin ; echo mdadm | cpio -H newc --quiet -o)| gzip -9 > updates.img

--
        Peter

I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is.
		-- L. Ron Hubbard to Lloyd Eshbach, in 1949;
			quoted by Eshbach in _Over My Shoulder_.