Re: [Fwd: Fedora 12 Installer Experience]

On 11/18/2009 11:32 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:

>>> Ah, but I'm not suggesting doing 2 different composes, just don't do
>>> mediacheck by default at all, and have a separate entry in the syslinux
>>> menu for mediacheck so people can still easily do it.
>>
>> I'm really not okay with that.
>>

> some motivation for that would be helpful, also see my reply to clumens
> concerns.

What we're doing now is, effectively, recommending and defaulting to checking.
What you're suggesting is *hiding* it.  We want users to check every disc,
every time.  It causes them to file fewer bugs.

--
        Peter

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
		-- Einstein