Re: master branch, UI rewrite.

On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 10:42:06AM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 03:30:50PM -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > I also added 3 new videos showing the relevant features:
> > > http://jgranado.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/ui/videos/lv_create_workflow
> > > http://jgranado.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/ui/videos/edit_delete_buttons
> > > http://jgranado.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/ui/videos/message_in_canvas
> >
> > Things I noticed:
> >
> > - On the "Create..." dialog, the drop down next to the radio button for
> >   creating an LV should be disabled unless the radio button is checked.

Done...

> Your probably right.... :).  I would have to create a call back for when
> the radio button is modified and ....  But its probably worth it.
>

> > - I think better wording for that same radio button label would be
> >   "LVM Logical Volume on " and then the drop down.  I think it makes the
> >   drop down flow better from the wording.
>
> I prefer to leave the wording on that label as is, and change the
> wording on the label beneath it.  To say something like "Opens a
> LVM create window on the selected Volume Group.

Done

> Two more things:
>
> 1. I would probably want to change the wording on all the 'little'
> labels from "Goes to a window..." to "Opens a window..." or something
> better than what we have.  Suggestions appreciated.

I have also made changes to the small info messages.

> 2. About referring to LVM stuff.  This is what I suggest:  When we
> refer to LVM (VGs, PVs and LVs) in the UI, code, documentation we should
> be able to use two types of format.  The long one and the short one.
> >
> > This is a little unusual, but I think it's probably okay, and I'm
> > willing to let it stay and see what everyone else thinks.
>
> I actually really like this :).  And It was totally NOT my idea.  I was
> looking at the Haiku installer and saw that they had something similar.
> Its really better than having nothing displayed.  And it tells the user
> that he/she is in some state that requires further action.
I have posted all the updated patches to:
http://jgranado.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/ui/patchset-20091001/
I have not done additional videos but I don't think they are necessary.

On a further note, I' going to start a new branch to see if I can get
some more UI changes to the custom screen.  This with the objective of
not adding further changes to the existing patchset.
--
Joel Andres Granados
Brno, Czech Republic, Red Hat.