Anaconda in F11 doesn't see what /proc/partitions does

Hello,

Anaconda in F11 doesn't see what /proc/partitions does. If I look at
/proc/partitions I can see sda and sdb. Also I can run fdisk to
partition /dev/sda as well as creating and mounting filesystems.

I think I messed up the drives somehow fiddling with some hardware
raid options. If I turn the HW raid back on and make partitions, and
then turn it off that's what anaconda sees.

So my basic question is where is anaconda looking to get the drive
information, and how do I return that to a usable state?

I'm doing all this from a Fedora-11-x86_64-Live-KDE CD.

thanks,
Paul