Re: Features/YumLangpackPlugin and anaconda consequences

Hans de Goede (hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx) said:
> If we do this through %_install_langs, we gain nothing as currently that
> is set to "all languages" and not changable (during the install atleast).

Well, the other way is keying off $LANG/$LC_MESSAGES. That doesn't allow
for 'I want multiple languages' as well, though.

> I've actually discussed this with Florian (from the rpm team) during Fudcon
> in Berlin, as a side discussion spinning of a discussion about soft
> dependencies, and he does not like %_install_langs, the problem with
> %_install_langs is that if you want to later add an additional language
> all packages need to be re-downloaded and re-installed, now the need to
> re-install could be fixed, but we would still have the re-download.

...? This is about additional packages. I'm not as interested in the
reinstall due to %lang tagged bits in the packages, as that's never
been a good interface.

Bill