Strange network configuration resulting from upgrade to Anaconda-11.4.1.63 ?

Hello List,

  We have recently upgraded the version of Anaconda in our build system and
distribution media from 11.4.62-1 (shipping with F10), to 11.4.1.63 (from
F10 updates).  We are now running into some problems with the network
configuration.  The problem is this:

  After Anaconda installs a system, and it is going through its first boot
cycle, we overwrite all of the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth*
files with our own versions.  We do this in order to enforce specific
ordering of the cards, as well as to make sure that we have the network set
up the way we need it.  This has always worked in the past.

  Now, after updating to the newer version of Anaconda, some of those
configuration files are being changed.  What¹s most puzzling is that not all
of them are changed -- it seems that only every-other file is affected.

Here is an example file from before the Anaconda update:

> DEVICE=eth2
> BOOTPROTO=none
> HWADDR=00:07:43:05:54:FE
> ONBOOT=yes
> TYPE=Ethernet

The same file, on the same machine, after re-installing from an image with
the newer Anaconda:
> DEVICE=eth2
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> HWADDR=00:07:43:05:54:FE
> ONBOOT=yes
> TYPE=Ethernet
> NAME="System eth2"
> UUID=3a73717e-65ab-93e8-b518-24f5af32dc0d
> PEERDNS=yes
> PEERROUTES=yes

Notice that the BOOTPROTO has changed, as well as the new lines (NAME
through PEERROUTES).

  I am not sure how Anaconda could be involved in this, however the only
change between the two install media is the version of Anaconda on the
media.

  Does anybody know why this is happening and how I can prevent it?

Thank you,
  Jason Maestri

--
Jason C. Maestri
Senior Software Engineer

http://www.soleranetworks.com

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.  You should not retain copy or use this e-mail for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other person.