Re: Mirror RAID convert ...

Greetings ... Thanks again for a quick repsonce and great ideas ...
Sorry for late reply ...

2009/3/12 Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:15:38 +0200,
>  Clinton Lee Taylor <clintonlee.taylor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>  I will admit, I have not studied the on-disk format of ext2/3/4 or
>> RAID1, the last time I did this, was in the good old days of DOS and
>> FAT12/16 ... We really looking for only one case, RAID1, I don't see a
>> need for anything else, in this topic's reguard ... Does RAID1 require
>> twice as many superblocks as a standard ext3 partition?  That is if we
>> are talking about making a dirty conversion problem ...
>
> If you are just worried about raid 1, I would recommend not supporting
> degraded arrays, but rather allow raid 1 arrays with only 1 element.
> This will be safer and doing the prep work isn't too hard.
 Okay, I would not say worried, I would say interested ... ;-)

 I think I'm going to wait until the storage rewritte is complete and
then work a little more on this ...

 In the mean time, I'm going to start to test some of the ideas that I
have from this discuss ...

 Will report back after I see how things go ...

Chat again soon

Mailed
LeeT