Re: activeate encrypted devices.

----- "Dave Lehman" <dlehman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 08:28 -0500, Joel Granados wrote:
> > If you look in kickstart.py, you will notice that the
> getEncryptedDevices function gets skipped when we are not in upgrade.
> So we would have to add a condition to that if.  That is, if we really
> want to avoid executing this function twice.  (Is there anything wrong
> with executing this two times?)
>
> This looks right. And it should be easy enough to test it before
> committing. If you send me a procedure I am happy to do a quick test.

Yep, it is simple enough.
1. need a box with some encrypted device already installed.
2. *really* simple install kickstart file.  The only condition for the file is that it must have the "install" line.  The important thing here is that anaconda should not think its upgrading and it should have a kickstart.
3. try to install to the box with the ks file.
4. Note that in the partitioning window no encrypted devices show up.

Regards

> Dave

Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno Czech Republic