VT320 Terminal on Anaconda - Usability Issue

Hi,

I wanted to know if using terminal vt320 is essencial to anaconda for
some reason. I ask this because there is an unexpected behavior when
running anaconda on PowerPCs, although Alt+Tab is the official backtab
shortcut, people usually use shift+tab as well. If you do a shift tab on
an X machine it works as alt+tab or just tab (on non-x terminals), which
is not too bad. If you do it on a PPC it works as ESCAPE for some
reason, which leads it to next screen (like F12). If I change the $TERM
variable to linux instead of vt320 it works fine (shift+tab untabs or
just tabs).

Another option would be to change newt library to capture shift+tab as
well ( ^[[Z ), since alt+tab has the issue of being captured by OS,
still working/testing this one. The user could do Esc+Tab, but it's not
very natural to know alt+tab = esc+tab = ^[tab.

Any comments and enlightenment are appreciated =)

Arthur V.