Re: buildinstall/mk-images and isolinux.cfg problems

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 01:25:24PM -0000, Moray Henderson (ICT) spake thusly:
> Is your build system the same kernel and architecture as the release you're trying to build?

Yes. 2.6.18-92.1.6.el5 x86_64 for both.

> There's a syslinux.cfg (along with other files that buildinstall
> overwrites) in /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot.  I keep my own copies of
> those files, and copy them back in to /isolinux when buildinstall has
> finished.

Ah-hah...Well that seems rather silly. Maybe I shouldn't be using
buildinstall at all for what I'm trying to do (customize the CD)?

> >But it says that it cannot find the kickstart.cfg file.
>
> That looks as if it ought to work for a kickstart.cfg file in the root of the CD.  Problem with the file itself perhaps?

If there were a problem with the kickstart file I would hope it would say
there is a problem rather than saying that it can't find it. But I have
never actually successfully used this particular kickstart file before
(haven't gotten that far) so perhaps that is what the problem is. If so,
how does one debug a kickstart file if the installer never indicates what
the problem is?

Thanks!

--
Tracy Reed