Re: How does anaconda decide to upgrade vs install? (Cannot upgrade F7 to F9)

> On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  - The development version of the OLPC school server - a F9-based spin.

Oddly, the problem seems to be with the custom F9 "XS" spin. If I boot
using the official F9 DVD, it offers to upgrade, so...

  anaconda-11.4.0.82-1.i386
  anaconda-runtime-11.4.0.82-1.i386

I suspected a regression in Anaconda, but the F9 DVD contains the same
anaconda rpms as I have. Further comparison of image/stage2 between
the 2 ISOs seems to indicate that anaconda is identical (though
dogtail, firtstaidkit and a few binaries have changed).

My tests of the XS spin were using USB drives as the installation
media, so perhaps that was confusing Anaconda. Burning a DVD and
attempting an upgrade from it failed as well.

At this point, I'm completely lost as to what could the difference be.
Any debugging suggestions?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx
 martin@xxxxxxxxxx -- School Server Architect