Re: [Server-devel] usb drive based installs.

Martin Langhoff wrote:
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau@xxxxxxx> wrote:
       grab: http://members.shaw.ca/jvonau/pub/mkusbinstall
Wow, that's a good start! I'll play with it!

Now that the network stuff is done (?) I'm playing with this, and I'm
starting to understand your questions last week a bit more.

It gets to stage2 and asks 'where are the ISO images?'. I'm telling it
to look in /dev/sdb1 , directory 'iso' and it picks it up from there
ok. Is there a way to make it 'just work'? You mentioned on a separate
thread that the F10 anaconda is a bit smarter; if it's stable enough
to use it, I don't mind backporting it.

cheers,

Grin... Yup, the boot prompt just needs to have the method= or repo= passed, in the simple case of a single hard drive and the usb key would be method=hd:sdb1:/iso with the lang= and keyboard= options set also as not to stop at the stage1 questions. Should be able to use a kickstart file for that and just pass ks= at the boot prompt. I just didn't add that into the default boot config, as the usbkey may not always be present to anaconda as "sdb" if there is more than one harddrive ;-/ Quick edit though, just add that to the boot args in syslinux.cfg.

Jerry