Re: Creating an ext 2 image update

The best way to test stuff with anaconda is to pass the updates image on the command line.

1. create an updates image. Go to (http://jgranado.fedorapeople.org/anaconda/scripts/createUpdates).  There has been lots of scripts to do this but this is what I use.
2. Put the image on the network somewhere (http server)
3. start install and pass "updates=http://server/path/to/updates.img";

this should work for all anaconda py files and should also work for the libraries that anaconda uses.

Hope it helps.

Arthur Rodrigo Sawazachi Valadares wrote:
Hi, I tried following the instructions from this link:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Updates#Compressed_ext2_filesystem_image

But I don't think I understood it right. I want to change just one file,
yuminstall.py, how do I do it? I tried dropping the yuminstall.py in the
mounted directory of the image as instructed, but when the installation
starts (after setting up network), it crashes because it doesn't find
the file's imports. The image is 1.4MB, how could I put all the imports
(200MB) in it? I just wanted to replace the original yuminstall.py by my
own modified version.

Sorry if it is a dumb question, but I couldn't figure it out :/

Arthur V.

Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic