Re: RFE: Support kickstart files in rescue mode

To begin.  Some thought on the whole kickstart rescue:
I think all this is relevant for testing only.  As a user I cannot imagine of a use case were I would automate the rescue environment.  First of all, going to the trouble of making a ks file and pointing the boot to the file just seems way too much work, specially having firstaidkit.  Second, most of the time I don't really know whats wrong and I would like to go in an poke around.  And even when I know exactly what is wrong, I feel more comfortable editing the files in the rescue mode, then telling anaconda what to do through a ks file.  I think the sane way of doing a rescue mode is putting the user in shell, providing firstaidkit and letting the user interact with a very friendly, easy to use rescue app.  kickstarting the rescue mode will just increase the possibility of the user shooting himself in the foot.

Testing is different.  You would want to poke at the rescue environment automatically to see what wrong.  For this reason, I think its a good idea.
... ok enough :)

Alexander Todorov wrote:

Joel Andres Granados
Red Hat / Brno, Czech Republic