Re: [patch] saving to bugzilla, redux

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 13:23 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> * Saving via scp is back, and I redid the UI to be one of those drop downs
>   with the changing widget area underneath, a la Apple, instead of having
>   some super complicated single UI.

Screenshots? :)

> * There's now an intermediate abstraction layer, which you can see in the
>   "import filer" in various places.  The idea here is that the InstallClass
>   has a reference to a bug filing class.  The default BaseInstallClass just
>   uses an abstract one which isn't capable of doing anything.  The RHEL and
>   Fedora InstallClasses then use a real one.  That in turn makes use of
>   Will's python-bugzilla module.
>
> I'll post the filer code as a followup to this thread.  It's kind of lame, and
> needs lots of comments and the like.  Also I have no idea where it should
> live since it's currently just a single little python file.  If this is only
> ever going to get used in anaconda, perhaps a subpackage or just living inside
> the anaconda source.  Otherwise, unknown.

I suspect that just dropping the filer class into anaconda for now makes
the most sense.  And then if others want to use it, we can split it out.
Should be better than the other approach of "split it out because
someone might want it and then no one ever uses it"

My only other comment is does it make sense to give the hash some prefix
in case we change the hashing in the future?  I guess it doesn't matter
as we can add a prefix later if we need and since that'll change the
length, it'll break matching.  So never mind this part :)

But yeah, let's get this in.  Then we can have it tested with the alpha!

Jeremy