Re: loader/stage2 interaction

> > I might still like to pre-populate the URL box in loader with the
> > mirrorlist, but I haven't thought about how to do that without
> > hardcoding values.
>
> Isn't the hope, though, that the only time[1] you get a prompt in the
> loader is if you pxe boot (and thus don't have stage2 available).  If
> stage2 is available, we don't need to prompt about repos until we're in
> the second stage at which point the mirrorlist stuff becomes a lot
> easier

True.  I don't think about this very often probably because we do so
many NFS installs here where we boot from PXE.  So really, we're not
testing the common case and I end up thinking about something that's
really less common and more complicated.

Bad.

Indicidentally, what happened to footnote 1?

> > product.img:  What prohibits us from doing the same as with the
> > updates.img?  The two are arguably really about the same thing - making
> > modifications to the stage2 image.  The product.img just modifies the
> > available installclasses.  That's still modifying anaconda's source
> > files if you think about it.
>
> Yes, but logically, a product.img is more related to your packages than
> to your installer.  Maybe this is just the sign that we need to blow up
> install classes like I've been threatening to do for years.

Well I can certainly just remove the code to download them and then
you'll have no choices besides fixing product.img or hoping no one ever
asks for it back.

- Chris