Re: how does anaconda naming disks

Yes,it is RHEL4.editting /etc/modprobe.conf can solve this
problem.Actually simply doing a mkinitrd after the OS is installed and
using the newly created initrd.img file can solve this issue too.
However I am still curious about how come the /etc/modprobe.conf file
is generated in a different way in RHEL4u5.Also,how did the OS
installer and OS are probing and naming devices in a different way.
Is this related to kudzu,
or initrd.img file in the /isolinux directory in the disk
or udev
or other parts in the linux?

Hopefully my questions won't be too many and troublesome.
Really appreciate your help and explaining.

thanks
scott