Re: Having a iSCSI Flag while Installation

Prasanna,

> iBFT is not  a part of  ACPI  table  and  is  somewhere  in system  memory
> between  512k  and  1MB.   To  find the iBFT,  ACPI guys should scan the
> memory from 512k to 1MB.   But ACPI guys argument is "No, OS should not be
> scanning for this table, the BIOS should do it(or know it) and should enter
> the appropriate address in the ACPI RSDT/XSDT for consumption by the OS. The
> entire point of the ACPI table structure is to get the OS out of the
> business of scanning magic locations for magic tables.
> If the BIOS doesn't enter the location of the IBFT into the ACPI tables,
> then we simply can't help you."

Could you point out where that was mentioned?  I am curious whether
anybody has thought of writing a ACPI driver that would parse the ACPI RSDT
data or if that is not present fallback to scanning /dev/mem (<shudders>) to
extact the iBFT information and present them via /sysfs ?

--
Konrad Rzeszutek 1-(978)-392-3903 or 1-(617)-693-1718
IBM on-site partner.