Anaconda send signal to running Dogtail testcase

Hello list,
Do you think it is a good thing anaconda to inform a running dogtail testcase before it exists? We can send SIGUSR1 to the dogtail testcase and let it handle this.

An example what this can be used for:
write output to dogtail logs and use %post script in kickstart to save the logs on the installed machine.

Some questions come in mind:

1) Do we have to wait for the running dogtail process to exit normally before continuing to %post step in anaconda? If we wait and the other process hangs up?

The solution that I see here is send SIGUSR1 first, wait a while (how long) then send SIGKILL to avoid hanging up.

2) What is an exception in anaconda occurs? Say while handling partitioning. Does it execute %post if present or directly shuts down?

3) The best place to implement this? I think adding a new step in dispatch.py and handling exceptions is enough. What's your opinion?

Any feedback is welcome.

Greetings,
Alexander.