Editing xml files

How in the Sam Hill to you edit xml files on CentOS? We are supposed to
edit the comps xml, where I hear the @groups and their rpms are, but I
can't read the comps.xml. I've seen some directions to update the
comps.xml, but I want to edit my kickstart file and get it right.

Where are the lists of rpms (like in a @group) that correspond to the
rpm's in the @group? If they are in an xml file, I'm still lost. I also
think that somewhere there is a list of Red Hat rpms that correspond to
CentOS rpms. That would be great too.

 How in the Sam Hill do you write to a CD on CentOS? I've looked at
http://www.linuxheadquarters.com/howto/basic/cdrecord.shtml, but I still
can't write to a CD. I've done all the things advised. I can burn DVDs
all day, but not a CD.

I've been working on these questions for over a week, Google and all. I
am trying to made a customized install using kickstart. I'm kind of
tired of trying, trying, and trying and getting no where.

Sorry for the attitude, I'm just a little frustrated.

While I'm at it, is there a way to completely automate the installation,
so you don't have to type in "linux ks=cdrom:somenameks.cfg" I did it
once before. I wrote the command to the hard drive, used it, then
deleted it. My development HD got destroyed. I had no way to back it up.
I don't work on a network. I have to spend hard earned real dollars to
get a USB, or better yet a firewire HD for backups. Haven't been able to
do that yet.

Any guidance, places to go, etc, will be greatly greatly
appreciated!!!!!

Thanks so much! ;)

The comments & Opinions expressed are my own & do not represent the
views of United Space Alliance