Re: PATCH: Fix disable dmraid on text and graphical mode

Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:00 +0900, HARA Hiroshi wrote:
>
>> I found User always can not select "Disable dmraid device"
>> on "Advanced Storage Options" This problem will happened
>> on all arch. (this is strange bug.)
>>

> Yeah, the implementation there has kind of lagged....
>

>> I did some test on ICH6R with text and graphical mode
>> after applying this attached patch (linx updates).
>> (I can select "Disable dmraid device" and then
>> /dev/mapper/ddf1_raid1 can be changed to /dev/sda and /dev/sdb)
>>
>> Would you review my Patch,please?
>> and if you have a comment, would you give it to me ?
>>

> There's a bit more needed here probably -- the fact that dmraid is being
> disabled for a set of disks needs to be a bit more persistent and end up
> on the real system so that we don't try to enable dmraid after the
> installation.  It also should be that you're disabling (breaking apart)
> a specific dmraid array instead of all dmraid; for the latter, you could
> just boot with 'linux nodmraid'

Thank you for your comment.
I see.
so this disable button(function) is for disabling one specific dmraid
(not all dmraid)
(The user select one of dmraid device and push disable button,
after that only selected dmraid will be breaking apart but not selected
dmraid will not be breking apart)
I'll reconsider this patch.

thank you.