Re: PATCH: Fix disable dmraid on text and graphical mode

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 17:00 +0900, HARA Hiroshi wrote:
> I found User always can not select "Disable dmraid device"
> on "Advanced Storage Options" This problem will happened
> on all arch. (this is strange bug.)

Yeah, the implementation there has kind of lagged....

> I did some test on ICH6R with text and graphical mode
> after applying this attached patch (linx updates).
> (I can select "Disable dmraid device" and then
> /dev/mapper/ddf1_raid1 can be changed to /dev/sda and /dev/sdb)
>
> Would you review my Patch,please?
> and if you have a comment, would you give it to me ?

There's a bit more needed here probably -- the fact that dmraid is being
disabled for a set of disks needs to be a bit more persistent and end up
on the real system so that we don't try to enable dmraid after the
installation.  It also should be that you're disabling (breaking apart)
a specific dmraid array instead of all dmraid; for the latter, you could
just boot with 'linux nodmraid'

Jeremy