Re: Trying to break the anaconda/distro embrace

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Jeremy Katz wrote:

As it stands today, if you boot with the rescue CD, you can enter an
arbitrary repository path and be able to do an installation with the
packages from there without any other real dependencies.  I think that
this is something which is very very valuable.  Much more so than the
existing boot.iso/diskboot.img.

Are you saying that I will be able to boot with the new_anaconda.iso,
and install rhel 3, 4 and 5 from the same image by specifying a
different repository?

Jim Wildman, CISSP, RHCE       jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.rossberry.com
Thomas Paine