Re: Design Questions

On Monday 11 December 2006 16:25, John Summerfield wrote:
> Until all email clients RH ships support that, it's nonsense. Thus far,
> I've not seen a way to use it in any email client I regularly use. RH
> does not ship either email client the author mentions.
>
> That document is the opinion of one person. If the RFCs he mentions
> support his view, he should mention them, quote them. As he says,
> they're lengthy and boring documents.
>
> How often do you want to reply off-list? I almost never do, when I'm on
> a discussion list. The functionality I want is the ability to reply
> directly to the list most easily.

Evolution, Kmail, and sylpheed support a reply-list function.  Thunderbird I
think is still braindead in this department.

I find myself replying off list many times.  In fact, I probably should have
for this message.  I all too often see private messages hitting the public
list because somebody didn't notice that reply-to was munged, and when they
asked their client to reply to the sender, the client didn't do what was
expected due to the munging.  This I think is far more dangerous then the
opposite.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora