testing (Anaconda) changes?

Hello,

I've been doing some work with Anaconda to get it to install
MontaVista Linux RPMs.
I finally have been able to install the RPMs on disk (I'll spare you
the details, unless someone is really interested).

At this point the installation 'fails' because there are some obvious
differences between Fedora Core 6 and MontaVista Linux Professional 4.

I would like to 'patch' some of the anaconda files and test the
changes in an easy way.

I've done the following in the past for testing:
* changes rpm and rpm-python were tested locally on my Fedora Core 6
machine, when everything worked ok, I updated the packages in the
"installation repo" and generated a new iso file.

* changes in rpmUtils and yum were tested locally, and during install
with an updates.img using the "updates" kernel option during boot from
CD.

However, it seems that updates to anaconda itself (kickstart.py,
dispatch.py, etc) are not possible from the updates.img (at least from
looking at the anaconda script it only allows to update items for
"rhpl", "yum", "rpmUtils", "urlgrabber", "pykickstart", "rhpxl",
"pirut").

Is there an easy way to test changes to anaconda (without building a
new ISO) that I can use?

I did some testing with xen in the past, but I haven't found out
if/how I can specify my own anaconda to be used. Is it possible to use
a custom anaconda for xen installs?

I noticed the anaconda --test option, but I can not find documentation
on exactly how/what it does (does it create partitions? install RPMs?
etc)

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen