Using Anaconda to install MontaVista Linux?

Hello,

I'm looking into installing a "not-RedHat/Fedora" rpm based
distribution with Anaconda (in this case MontaVista Linux) on a
generic x86 plaform. I'm not sure if this is the correct list to
discuss this, but since this is the only Anaconda development list I
could find, here goes.

I did an 'experiment' with the FC6 CD 1 by using a netbase
installation (http) to a repository containing (only) all the
MontaVista Linux rpm files (so no FC6 rpms were available in this
repository).

During installation Anaconda complains no kernel was found. After
taking a more detailed look at it, I realised that there is no linux
kernel package named "kernel" in MontaVista Linux, so that ofcourse
explains why it isn't working.

This made me wonder if Anaconda is being used to install non
RedHat/Fedora (RPM) based distributions (i.e. is it possible to
install OpenSuSe or Mandriva with Anaconda?).

Also, what packages does Anaconda 'expect' to be present in the repository?
I found (from looking at the Anaconda python sources) the following depedencies:
* kernel*
* authconfig
* chkconfig
* mkinitrd
* rhpl
* system-config-securitylevel-tui
* grub (or lilo?) on i386

Is there a (complete) list of 'requirements' that Anaconda has on the
"to-be" installed system (packages/tools/config files that need to be
installed in order to complete installation)?

Is anyone aware of other people that are trying to install MontaVista
Linux using Anaconda?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen