Re: Refering to devices via MAC address and not the Linux device name.

Yes, specially if you could name a device (via whatever means) by say...

--device=eth0 --macaddr=...

I can understand for most that this is not a very useful feature, but in our
setup, all eth0 are the first onboard and are the public interface, all
eth1s are the second onboard interface and are private. Unfortunately
insering a network card pre-build changes those ones to eth2 and eth3.

Nima