Re: Updating the UI during %post

On Thu, October 26, 2006 9:52 pm, Christopher Boumenot wrote:
> When imaging our servers we run a rather lengthly customization phase
> using the %post section.  The entire installation is probably 30% stock,
> and 70% %post.  It would be helpful if I could update the UI during the
> %post phase both to indicate progress and for debugging purposes.  I
> have a few thoughts on how I could do this, and wanted feedback on them.

This would go a long way to opening %post to its full potential and remove
the mystery and difficulty of using it.  It would be even more awesome if
%post could signal anaconda to suspend the execution of %post.  This to
provide the opportunity for investigation or resolution of problems,
perhaps at the F2 console or a new, dedicated console, which on exiting,
allowed %post to resume.

-Ed